Honda Talon 1000R SuperATV 4" Portal Gear Lift
- Usually ships same or the following day
- Free Shipping
Gen 3 Portals Are Geared for All
We don’t like putting anyone in a box. Riding is personal and you should be able to customize your machine to suit your riding style. That’s why we give you options with our GDP portals. Get SuperATV’s 4” Portal Gear Lift for your Honda Talon 1000R and decide what kind of housings you get (cast or billet aluminum) and how much gear reduction your portals will have. If you’re into maximum torque and big tires, a 30% gear reduction should fit you just right. Or maybe you want to hit the trails with a smoother and more precise ride—opt for a 15% gear reduction. No matter your style, GDP portals are a game changer.
Perfect for Mud
Riding on GDP portals allows you to experience mud like never before. With bigger tires and more torque, you’ll chew through the thick mud that used to slow you down. And with a 4” lift, you won’t have to worry about getting swamped. More power and extra ground clearance make it even more fun to get wild in the mud.
A Gear Reduction That Protects Your Drivetrain
Portal gear lifts put the gear reduction right in the hub, which greatly reduces the amount of stress placed on some of your vehicle’s most critical parts. You’ll be able to ride harder and without worry knowing that your axles, differential, prop shaft, and transmission are in good hands. Your driveshaft will thank you.
Unmatched Gear Material
You deserve nothing but the best, which is why we use the most premium, top-of-the-line gears in our portals. They’re made out of a strong 9310 alloy steel and precision ground to ensure that the teeth mate perfectly every time. The strength and design of our gears makes for a smooth, quiet ride, even when you’re pedal to the metal.
Stronger Housings by Design
SuperATV has done enough research on portal housings to understand what can make or break them. That’s why you won’t find housings stronger than what SuperATV uses for GDP portals. You get the choice of cast or USA-made 6061 billet aluminum with a sleek CNC-machined finish. Both styles offer unmatched strength and reliability.
- GDP housings are reinforced in all the right places
- They’re built with better oil flow and gearing forces in mind
- There are no gimmicks and no vents because vents do more harm than good—we know because we tested them
The Strongest Portal Backing Plates You Can Get
Portal backing plates are made out of an advanced steel alloy, and trust us when we say this isn’t your average metal. With a strength even more impressive than chromoly, it’s specialized for ultra-high force applications. Combine that with a thickness of 5/16” and you’ve got a set of backing plates that just won’t quit.
Advanced Gaskets and Seals
Whether you go with cast or billet, both housings use:
- Advanced Thermo-Tork® gaskets with excellent oil resistance and a lower deterioration rate than Kevlar gaskets
- A sealed input gear and double-lipped output seal
- 100% sealing coverage throughout so you can forget about oil leaks
Bearings That Rock
You’ll never have to worry about your bearings failing after installing GDP portals on your machine. Roller bearings are used to hold the idler gear because we understand the value of ultra-strong parts. The output bearing is a double-angular contact bearing that can handle huge loads in any direction without showing wear. What does all of this mean for you? It means you’re getting bearings that are built for battle and made to last.
Universal Hubs and Slotted Rotors
Precision-ground, stainless steel slotted rotors stay cool and give you the braking power you need, right when you need it. GDP portals also come with universal hubs, which have 4/156, 4/137, 4/115, and 4/110 bolt patterns and lugs. This means you’ll be able to run just about any UTV wheel you can find. SuperATV also invented the tapered output shaft that attaches to the hubs, which gives you a more secure lock to keep your hubs from wobbling or wearing over time.
- Available with billet or cast aluminum housings
- Cool, quiet, precision-ground gears made from 9310 alloy billet steel
- 1.5 in. diameter 4340 hardened steel driveshaft
- Housings use Thermo-Tork® gaskets that don’t let anything through
- Universal hub fits all major bolt patterns
- Gear reduction reduces stress on your drivetrain
- Weighs 194 lb. total, which is 50+ lb. lighter than the competition
- 14” or larger wheel required
- Cannot exceed 5” backspacing
- Not compatible with dual beadlock wheels
Honda Talon 1000R : 2019+
⚠ California Proposition 65 Warning ⚠
WARNING: This product may contain a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer or birth defects or other reproductive harm.